Tuesday, 3 April 2018


Well, we're still here at Hambleden Marina (Mon 2nd April)
The original leaving date of our winter mooring should have been Monday 27th March but red boards on the River Thames prevented navigation on that day.  A 'new leaving date' was put back by the marina ... to today (Easter Monday) but once again it was not going to happen due to all the persistent, prolonged heavy rain we've been having here in the south.  The date for leaving now is next Monday, the 9th of April.  The forecast looks favourable too with little rain on the horizon; it now depends on the Environment Agency lock keepers to get the excess water down to the sea through the weirs as promptly and safely as possible ... here's hoping ...
This was the flooded area to the rear of Still Rockin' yesterday (1/4/18) ...

... and this is it today as I write the blog

I took this video yesterday
and on the marina's facebook site saw this shared information ... 
a lot of water on the move!

Fingers crossed!

No comments: