Thursday 3 March 2016

London day 5

7am looks like it could be a good day
… someone’s out and about early in Little Venice
… a tad chilly but it’s not summer yet!
In fact by the time we were properly up and about it was blowing a gale and chucking it down with rain!
During a very brief respite from the rain I popped out to the shop in the basin and saw CRT workboat Pride of London across the canal, they’re replacing the wooden rubbing strafes on the offside bank.

My plan was to visit Kensington Gardens, but our son rang to say that he’d call in for lunch but was delayed and by the time we’d eaten it was too late so instead I caught up with some housework … ironing … yes I know, I know … most respectable boaters have forgotten what this task is all about … but this is me!
An evening out at  Warwick Castle Pub … a quiz night
… with Diane (nb Ferndale), George, me with Molly (trying to tell me something), Kath and Neil and Ray (nb Ferndale).  It was a great night out, great company, good food, good pub (lots of history) and to top it all we came shared first!

No comments: