Wednesday 3 February 2016

Widewater

Time to move on from our mooring, the water tank is just about empty and I’ve a pile of washing to catch up on!
Took this picture a couple of afternoons ago along a vehicle access path that runs alongside the towpath.  I took this path again yesterday morning to set the second lock of the day.
At the end of the path where it joins the road by Widewater lock there is an extremely busy sand and gravel quarry; another lake in the making.

Once through the lock we turned into Harefield Marina to fill the fuel and water tanks, take onboard some coal and exchanged an empty gas cylinder for a full one so lots of dosh spent!
 I wonder if the newly opened pub opposite the marina welcomes dogs inside?
 We shall find out!

We pulled in at end of a long line of moored boats along the towpath with wide views across the canal and marina ...
The sun had been shining all day but the wind was bitterly cold  Once moored I hung out my first wash load and put another one in … and got it all dry before 5pm … I love it when a plan comes together! Catching a bus into Uxbridge today for some retail therapy, should be a good day even though it was minus 2 when we woke up.

4 comments:

Vallypee said...

I'd love to live the way you do for a day or several, Carol. I know I shouldn't be envious, but the whole idea of continuous cruising appeals tremendously to me! I loved this post about your routine chores.

Carol said...

You’d be very welcome Vallypee!

Bert Aguilar said...

Fabulous pictures of your British canal adventures. I visited the Bear on the Barge opposite Harefield Marina recently and we were discussing canal boats but ran out of time. We are planning another visit to Musk Marine sales soon so another trip to the pub is in order! I wondered if they did accept your dog?

Bert Aguilar @ Rainfill Tanks and Curved Roofing Supplies

Carol said...

No, Bert they didn’t! Their loss!