Friday 28 September 2018

In the sunshine

It was just 2°c on Tuesday (25th September) at 25 past 6 ...
 when the sun starts to rise downstream of our mooring ...
 causing mist to rise on the River Thames here at Runnymede ...
 and at 8:15 breakfast time ... it promises to be a good day ...
 the river is flat and the sky clear and blue

 A lone Grebe appears to be enjoying the warm sunrise on its back

After breakfast we walked into Egham for some fresh produce we need and when we got back it was so warm that we got the chairs out on the bank for lunch ...
 and continued to sit in the hot sunshine until it dropped behind the trees at about 4:30 and the air chilled.  This is me writing my blog and catching up on facebook etc.,

and the view from my chair.

The weather station recorded heat of over 33°c on the roof of Still Rockin' this afternoon; it was hot enough too to catch the back of my neck as I sat out!

A relaxed day!

No comments: