Ardrossan Castle a ruin not open to the public stands on a hill high above the town
The obelisk is a monument to MacFadzean (1788-1849) who worked with the poor of the area promoting good standards of hygiene proposed and promoted the building of the original police station, street lighting and water and gas to every household.
Daughter Sharon and hubby Joe with sisters Alice and Louise
Aero and Diesel
and later ....
Joe attempting to muscle in on the bbq
... whilst we all know that George is really the bbq king!