Wednesday 20 May 2020

Come for a walk with me ...

Thursday (14th May) walking on my own today ..
Over the road where the portable loo is is the bus stop into Henley which has been removed from service since January due to Southern Water blocking it off whilst updating pipes which had caused leaking in the immediate area.  I was surprised this morning that it was all gone as it was still there yesterday!

I'm doing our circular walk but slightly different today ... through the meadow towards the village ...
Life is always greener ... as they say!
at the top of the meadow I turned right ... lovely views ...
Hambleden Village is to the left of the fork, but I'm keeping right ...
I've walked from the fork along this pathway ...
to this kissing gate, the third one of this walk ...
and through the gate to another fork.  Usually we go straight ahead through the woods and bluebells (now gone over) but today I took the right fork and through kissing gate four ...

Wow!
Looking down on Hambleden village to my right ...
and Culham Court in the distance to my left
through kissing gate number five ...



across another field that I thought was going to be a dead end but then spied this little pathway through the vegetation ...






and out onto Rotten Row ...







where I have usually ben turning round to go home when on recent short walks by myself.
Arriving home at the marina entrance ...
and Still Rockin'.
The first canoeists of the season passed the boat this afternoon ...
heading for the one open sluice of the weir ...


Rather them than me!

No comments: