Saturday 19 January 2019

Snow ...

 Like many other areas in the UK here in Hambleden on Thursday morning (17th Jan) ...
 we had a flurry of snow ...
although it was too wet to stick and didn't last long at all.  

Afterwards the sun came out, a glorious blue sky but very cold and a decent enough breeze to dry the sheets on the deck with all the sides open ... can't beat washing that dries outside!

Travel preparations for our Golden Anniversary trip to Australia are going on apace now.  We've opened a Post Office Travel Money Card each and loaded some Australian $ on it and will top it up fully before we leave when we'll collect some Singapore $ too for the 48 hours we'll be spending there on the way.

Our colds are also still going on ... and on ... and on! George is still coughing (his cold started on the 20th December and mine on Christmas day).  

For the past 10 days I've be completely deaf in my right ear ... ETD which means that mucus has entered and blocked the tube (Eustachian) in the middle ear and is creating pressure resulting in dullness of hearing or in my case deafness!  It's supposed to clear up naturally when my cold goes and I hope it does! We fly on February 6th just over two weeks away and I know that I'm prone to very painful ears on take-off and landing normally and with this extra pressure in my ear I'm a bit 'bothered'.  I've purchased a set of pressure relieving earplugs from Boots and hope they work ok.

Please forgive my moan or if this is too much information!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Never too much information Carole! I just hope you are both fully fit for your long awaited trip. I know several people who have had the bug going round and it does seem to hang on and on. I will keep everything crossed for you both. I am looking forward to hearing all about your trip. Jennie x

Vallypee said...

Oh Carol, you so need that trip to the sunshine! Poor you! I haven't had it as badly as you, but I still have a lot of mucus in my tubes too. When I swallow, my ears click and my teeth hurt as well. I'm still snuffling. It was a bit better while we were in Portugal last week, but now we're back in the cold, it's flared up again. Keep warm and count the days till you leave!

Garry said...

Hope you both get to feel better soon, see you in a few weeks. By the way, 41Deg. today, it's getting warmer.
Garry xxx

Carol said...

Thank you Jennie, Val and Garry for your comments and best wishes. See you soon Garry! x