Saturday 9 January 2021

Life on the land ... end of the year ...

My New Year's Eve walk ...

On our last (first) walk around the village we'd noticed this lane and whilst George checked the OS map on his phone a lady on a bicycle stopped and said it's a nice walk up there, so we decided that that would be our next expedition.
However on New Year's Eve George was busy elsewhere and I decided to explore on my own.  As you can see we'd had snow!
It was a cold, cold day but with brilliant sunshine
I came across this footpath sign ...
and looking over the gate could see manicured lawns and precision cut hedges ... is it really a public footpath ...
nothing ventured ... nothing gained ... if it is public footpath I should be able to see stile or gate to continue on the path ... I went through the small gate ...
still not sure I should be in here ... it looks amazing!
A beautiful wooden summer house encased in its winter cloths
.... lovely seating areas in the very stylish grounds ...
a pizza oven/bbq to while away and enjoy those summer evenings ...
and a few minutes later I spy the exit from this wonderful place ... 
most definitely a path to explore further ... but when the weather is warmer and the ground not so soft and wet ... I turned back to the lane ... I must do a bit of research and find out what this place is.
and continued to walk just a short distance.  Not knowing how long the lane was I decided to head back down the lane ...




towards home.

The Old Barn ... was sold early in 2019 for a very tidy sum.  I had thought that perhaps the barn may have been converted for holiday lets but appears that it's a private residence ... with a public footpath running through its garden ... not sure that that would be for me.

2 comments:

Vallypee said...

What beautiful environs you have there, Carol. Are you happily settled in your new home? It's a lovely place, so I hope you'll share more of your walks with us too!

Carol said...

Thank you Val. We've got a few full boxes still to find homes for, surprisingly there was more storage on Still Rockin' than we've currently have here, but we're working on it. It is a lovely place to live out in the countryside and over the past few days have discovered lots more 'footpath' signs. A bit muddy just now but there'll be lots of walks for us to chose from over the summer months if things get back to a 'more normal'.